Monday, May 31, 2010

"For God's sake, what'd they do now???"

I was really trying to have a good time over here in Ireland. I really was. I wasn't gonna blog about it until I got back and did a super mega recap package. But of course, my plan was foiled by Jews. Like most of them are.

I've got nothing against Jews. I just happen to enjoy Anti-Semitic Mondays a little more than everyone else. Or so I thought until now.
I was walking through Galway last night and throughout the city, there were Free Palestine: End the Occupation stickers all over the place. It was a little refreshing to see, considering if you put one of those on a sign in my hometown of Boca Raton, you'd be hanged. Which is sad because there are like 4-5 stop signs that have "Gays" written under them so it reads Stop Gays. Which is quite clever. And wrong etc. etc.
Anyways, I wake up this morning, find my internet is not working, and decide to go on Facebook via mobile. Which I'm guessing costs a LOT of money to do abroad. Anyways, a post from a buddy tells me Israel did some shit. So I frantically hit and yell at the tv in the common room until it turns on. On goes SKY News and here comes my 15 minute update on all the UK's latest news! The image is straight out of Call of Stonking Duty.
An Israeli combatant repels down a rope from a helicopter in the high seas at night. He stumbles as he falls, and a Turkish man grabs for his rifle. More men repel. More fighting continues. The image shows an Israeli gunbutting a Turkish guy in the face. My jaw is on the floor. The title reads "19 KILLED IN ISRAELI AID SHIP RAID IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS"
I mean, I thought the assassination of the top Hamas official in Dubai a few months back was the coolest thing I've ever seen happen in real life, it was literally straight out of a Bond movie.
BUT THIS?!?
I really ought to stop paying the Jews over at Muvico, I can just watch clips of Israeli commandos and spies on the news all day. These guys are going to put MGM out of business! Well, more out of business anyways...

But the story gets more intense.

All around the world, Israeli diplomats were cast out of countries because of the illegal passport usage by Netanyahu and his Mossad boys. Ireland, although offended by the incident(the assassins used Irish passports among other countries) didn't expel the Israeli minister in the country. But as they say, the games changed lads!

Six of the people on the boat raided by the Jew commandos were Irish citizens. And they're being imprisoned. And since the raid took place in international waters, I'd guess those citizens are being imprisoned illegally. There were protests across the country here. Cheers to them hopefully not being tortured!

Now it should be fair to mention the other side of the story. The ship was Turkish, filled with mostly Turks. The ship was trying to run the blockade, claiming they were bringing aid to Gaza. The Israelis said they offered to have the aid distributed through themselves or Egypt. Most ships stopped, but one Turkish ship continued ahead. Israeli officials say they were related to Hamas and that this was just a PR event and that Hamas are terrorists and regularly smuggle weapons. They stated that the people on the ship attacked the commandos and that they had weapons. The first comment out of Adrien's mouth this morning upon hearing the news was "They better fucking smuggle some weapons on the ship and say they found them..." I'll only go so far as to say we'll probably never know the truth.

So, let's accept that this was all probably set up by the Turks on the ship. Was it really the best idea to drop commandos into the angry crowd on a small deck of a ship? Couldn't you shoot a few rounds near the boat to scare them off? I've seen that done with drug dealers in their boats and it works pretty good. I've seen Somali pirates get scared off by a few rounds of fire. Surely they would've stopped the ship at that point. Why not arrest them the moment they get into harbor? That's pretty peaceful and at least a diplomatically sound resolution. Why such heavy handed tactics?

Tonight on the little Irish news channel I was watching, the panel of journalists and commentators were angry but showed a sense of realism about the situation you don't get in America. "Until the US stops supporting them, they'll continue to do whatever they want." "This'll be an issue for a few weeks or a few months and then what? Nothing ever changes with Israel." "This seems to be the only form of diplomacy Israel knows." "It's stuff like this that breeds new generations of hate."

These are the kind of comments I say on a regular basis. Say that on CNN and you're called anti-Semitic. You're called unpatriotic. You're told you support terrorism and Islamic radicalism.

In reality, I just don't support commandos with assault rifles repelling onto aid ships in the middle of the night and shooting unarmed civilians anywhere outside of video games.

1 comment: