Saturday, September 26, 2009

Because sometimes epic does come true.

I'm here with you this morning to describe the most epic moment of my life in entirety. I word that funny so you understand that I will never, ever experience anything so epic ever again. Getting married, hover cars become main mode of transportation, attending Green Bay victory in super bowl. NOTHING, will rival the epicness of what I'm about to describe to you, and for once in my life, I feel even MY words can't do justice to the experience, but I will try...


The night, like most epic nights, began with a concert. Kris, Sean, Matt, Milly, Sen, Kayla, Courtney, and I all arrived together. We had a blast, the show was great, there were some stellar quotes, and Kris was on my shoulders for the entire duration of Fall Out Boy's rendition of Don't Stop Believin'. We(who's we?) also established an inside joke(that I shan't not revealeth) that I hope will persist for some time. All in all, we left the concert completely satisfied and assured that we had an epic night. But fate had other plans in store for us. Matt dropped Kayla and Courtney off and the rest of us headed to Steak & Shake for an after concert buttsecks extravaganza. We all enjoyed our meal, the waitress herself was a blink fan, and all was merry. However, while paying for the meal, what I like to call Matt's 'stupidic gold' kicked in, and he played the crane game where you try to win a stuffed animal. Matt won a Giraffe. There was a cookie monster in there too, but fate denied me my cookie monster. I cried. As we walked out, Matt remarked 'Here kid' and threw me the Giraffe and winked at me and cocked his finger, a glorious cliche. I squealed like a little school girl and got in my car. Kris Milly and Me driving my car, with Sean, Sen, and Matt driving his car.


As we were pulling out, my 'assholic gold' kicked in and I remarked to Kris "We should throw the Giraffe at him."
"Pull up along side him and we'll give it to him"
He pulled out of the parking lot, I tried to get beside him but I was blocked by late night hungry people pulling in. We take a left and take a back road to 441. I still couldn't reach him...
We pull on to 441, we all remark that he's getting away. I weave in and out of traffic.

And this is where EPIC happened...

Finally we reach him. My windows roll down. The song on my ipod changes to Silent Melody and blasts it.
(This is the part where you play this song.)



We pull up alongside him, Kris shouts with ire "WINDOWS DOWN!"
Matt doesn't understand. "WINDOWS DOWN!" Kris shouts again, waving the Giraffe. Matt understands. His window rolls down. "TAKE IT!!!" Kris shouts. Matt is confused. "TAKE THE GIRAFFE!!!" Matt reaches out. The cars are moving side by side going 60 down 441. A stuffed giraffe and several thousand dollars worth of car are at stake. We swerve, Kris stretching as far as he can out of the car, Matt doing all he can to steady the wheel and reach for the giraffe. Milly and I are shouting. Sean and Sen are laughing. For a quarter mile stretch, the fate of the world was at risk. I edge my 2000 Honda Accord Garbage Can Edition closer to Matt's 2007 Honda Civic. I look over, the cars are close. Very, very close. We're all shouting. Kris stretches to his limits, Matt to his. Matt barely grasps the giraffe with the tips of his fingers. Kris feels the pull and lets go...




The giraffe slips out of both hands and falls to the ground at 60 miles per hour...Milutin looks back, and sees a dark object tumbling, and the coming to a halt, all in slow motion, like Mufassa falling into the herd of wildebeasts in Lion King. "NOOOOOOO!!!!" Kris shouts with all this might. My voice finally reaches the edge of my lips, and only insane decibels of incoherency follows. Matt slows his car. The light ahead of us is red. "WE'VE GOTTA GO BACK!!!" I shout across the lane. "It's too late now..." Kris remarks. "BETSY!!! WHYYYYY????" I shouted, and suddenly the giraffe had a name. She was Betsy. And now she was dead. We all laughed, only to hide the pain. The cool hands of insanity had come upon us, silently coaxing us into a false sense of happiness.

Our paths parted ways, I made my left onto Judge Winicock road. Silence ensued. As we approached the turn into Kris' neighborhood, Kris opened his mouth to spew what I can only describe as the reason why I love him so much.






"We really dropped the...giraffe on that one"




The car slows to a halt, and I no longer find myself able to operate a motor vehicle due to laughter spasms. I pull bleary eyed into Kris's neighborhood to end what would undoubtedly be the most epic night I'll ever have. It seems that sometimes epic does come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment