Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Your dad goes to college!

Summer is coming to a close, and all of us cool kids are going off to college. Some to Tally(wooo!), some to Orlando(fagggs), some to Miami, and even some to that god forsaken ghetto ridden swamp. I, however, am not going very far, but I'm still going off nonetheless. PBCC will be my new place of learning for the next two years, and I'm just as excited as everyone else. But I have a little spin to my college fun that nobody else will have the pleasure of having.

My dad is just about to complete his tenure at PBCC and move on to to FAU, which means that at one point there will be two Mayo's enrolled at PBCC this fall. For some this might be a really annoying or embarrasing situation for them to be in, but for me, it's like a godsend. One, it's just plain funny, considering the 35 year age difference. Two, Mayo blood courses with competitiveness, and I'll finally be able to compare my intelligence to that of my old man's. And Three, it'll be very interesting to see how professors react to teaching the son of a student they had not but two weeks prior.

This semester, I'll have the same professor as my dad for American History to 1865 as my dad, which I couldn't have planned better. History's my strongest subject, but unfortunately, you can guess why that is, I inherited all that from my old man. He had the highest grade in his class, so that's my goal going in.

Like I said before, I find this prospect very, very amusing. I have this scene running through my head where I point out to the family that I had a higher GPA than him, and we all start pointing and laughing. That, folks, is a motivation that can convince me(and probably only me, with my sick twisted mind) to succeed in college.

Good luck to each and every one of you in all your travels and experiences.
Love,
Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment